Sunday, May 19, 2013

Overveiw

I found out I had scoliosis when I was eleven years old. It wasn't bad, it was only nine degrees. We weren't worried about braces or the surgery or anything like that. I was just like any other young girl with normal girl problems. Scoliosis was not one of them. This was true until eighth grade.
 
 
 
Then I needed a back brace.
It was like my world had ended. It was the very end of eighth grade, I was going to be in high school next year. My future seemed to flash before my eyes. If anyone found out, I would be humiliated. My life was over. Luckily, I only had to wear the thing at night so no one really noticed.
For three months, I cried myself to sleep.
 

My back was getting worse.
It was the middle of my freshmen year of high school and the brace wasn't working. I was so frustrated, I started tightening the thing a little more every night. It got to the point where I would wake up in the middle of the night not being able to breath. I would claw at my back brace in tears. I didn't stop until my next doctor's appointment.
My back was still getting worse.
 
 
 It was the middle of July, I was going to be a Sophomore next year. My doctor told me I would need to get the surgery. I was terrified. December fifth came and went. I missed three weeks of school and would have missed more if not for Christmas break. It was the hardest thing I have ever gone through.
Five months later, my friend came over and we destroyed my back brace. It was one of the best days of my life.
 
 
 
 
Here I am now! Sophomore year is almost finished. I'm two inches taller, I've become more outgoing and I'm not afraid to say I have scoliosis. My back still hurts on occasion, its still only been five months since the surgery, but I can handle it now.
 
I've made this blog to help other people like me cope with scoliosis, bracing, and the surgery.
Feel free to ask me any questions, comments, or concerns about this blog or scoliosis in general. I will do my best to answer them :)
 
 

2 comments:

  1. ALL Need To See My Documented Proof!!! Scoliosis is Caused from an INJURY!!! Creating a "Hidden Tension" Than Then Pulls The Spine Into An Angle. ALL So Stupidly Simple!!!
    ALL Need To Read My Book: WWW.SCOLIOSISPREVENTION.ORG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 59 years old and female. I was diagnosed a couple of years ago with COPD and I was beyond scared! My lung function test indicated 49% capacity. After having had flu a year ago, the shortness of breath, coughing and chest pains continued even after being treated with antibiotics. I've been smoking two packs a day for 36 years. Being born without a sternum caused my ribs to be curled in just one inch away from my spine, resulting to underdeveloped lungs. At age 34 I had surgery and it was fixed. Unfortunately my smoking just caused more damage to my already under developed lungs. The problem was having is that I enjoy smoking and don't want to give up! Have tried twice before and nearly went crazy and don't want to go through that again. I saw the fear in my husband and children's eyes when I told them about my condition then they start to find solution on their own to help my condition.I am an 59 now who was diagnose COPD emphysema which I know was from my years of smoking. I started smoking in school when smoking was socially acceptable. I remember when smoking was permitted in hospitals. It was not known then how dangerous cigarettes were for us, and it seemed everybody smoked but i was able to get rid of my COPD lung condition through the help of  Dr Akhigbe   total cure herbal medicine. my husband saw his testimony on the internet he used his powerful medicine to cured differents diseases. we contacted his email   [drrealakhigbe@gmail.com}   He has the right herbal formula to help you get rid and repair any lung conditions and others diseases, will cure you totally and permanently with his natural organic herbs,We received the medicine through courier delivery service. I wish anybody who starts smoking at a young age would realize what will eventually happen to their bodies if they continue that vile habit throughout their life.
    Dr Akhighe also cured diseases like, HERPES, DIABETES, HIV/AIDS, COPD, CANCER,ASTHMA,STROKE,LUPUS,JOINT PAIN,CHRONIC DISEASES,PARKINSON DISEASES,TUBERCULOSIS,HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE,BREAST INFECTION,WOMEN SEXUAL PROBLEM, ERYSIPELAS,STAPHYLOCOCCUS,HERPATITIS A/B, QUICK EJACULATION,GONORRHEA,SYPHILIS,WAST/BACK PAIN,PELVIC INFLAMATORY, DICK ENLARGEMENT,HEART DISEASES,TERMINAL ILLNESS,SHIFT IN FUCUS,ATAXIA,COMMON COLD,CROHN'S DISEASES,ALCOHOL SPECTRUM DISORDER,GRAVES DISEASE,HEARING LOSS, INTERSTITIA CYSTITIS,LEUKEMIA,MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS,OBESITY,RABIS,SCOLIOSIS,INFLUENZA, POLIO,JACOB,ETC. If you are out there looking for your cure please  contact  dr Akhigbe  by his email    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com     or contact his whatsapp number   +2349010754824
    God bless you Dr Akhigbe for your good hand work on my life.

    ReplyDelete